ABOUT THE COURSE
Getting organizations to embrace change takes vision, knowledge and a steady hand. Learn how to initiate and lead a successful Lean-Agile SAFe® transformation as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC). Lead others in setting up new organizational networks, enabling your enterprise to thrive in a disruptive marketplace. Train teams, build Agile Release Trains and help colleagues to get the organization moving, when you complete Implementing SAFe.
This four-day Implementing SAFe course will teach you how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. For those of us already working with Lean/Agile on a daily basis, this program provides you with a deeper understanding of its principles and practices.
You will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and build a Lean Portfolio.
The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—are all about the basics you need to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in your organization. After taking the SAFe 5 Program Consultant Exam, you’ll certify as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC).
Benefits of the course
This course prepares you to take the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) exam. The certification process provides the knowledge and tools to be effective at the Team, Program and/or Portfolio levels of the Scaled Agile Framework. You will learn from instructors with real-world experience who roll out the Scaled Agile Framework to global clients.
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Act as a SAFe® Lean-Agile Leader (SL) certifying agent
- Continue your learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
About the Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Our SPC courses are delivered by one or two SPCT’s (SAFe Program Consultants Trainers). Our SPCT’s have extensive SAFe experience with training and implementing SAFe at large organisations.
“Learn the power of SAFe”