2-day program for a Product Owner training course at Pon. The training will be tailor-made for an audience of Product Owners with little expercience in their role als PO.
This 2-day course provides the foundational knowledge needed to work with Scrum in a highly practical way. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises where participants experience how the Scrum framework and a set of tools improve product development efforts.
On the end of the 2-day course the partipants receive an e-mail with a link from scrum.or to take the exam for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I certification (PSPO I).
The participants will develop and solidify their knowledge of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises.
The breadth of the role’s responsibilities in delivering a successful product will become more clear from an Agile perspective.
Metrics are identified to track the creation of value and the successful delivery of the product to the marketplace. In this course, participants work on real-life cases with other colleagues together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises.
Pon is currently transforming her organization towards an Agile organization and has already taken steps towards the goal. The brand where Saskia Aalberts is working for is Volkswagen. Within Volkswagen a Volkswagen way of working has been defined, so that better guidance can be provided within the organization. In this way IT, business and digital can come closer together to collaborate.
The target group of the Product Owner course will be an audience of junior Product Owners, who just started in this new role. Some Product Owners work with multiple scrum teams.
Recap Agile & Scrum: the what and why of Agile
- Agile Manifesto
- Agile Manifesto game: The Puzzle
- The principles of Agile
- Agile Coin Game (optional excersize)
Scrumroles, -rituals en -objects
- Product Owner, Scrum Master and the development team
- Scrum Framework
- Self-organization (excersize)
- Sprint planning, Daily Stand-up, Review/Demo and Retrospective
- Ready stories, Definiton of Done
- Writing Users Stories (excersize)
The responsibilitees of the Product Owner
- Mangage the Product Backlog
- Helping the team understanding the backlog-items
- Assuring quality with clear acceptance criteria
- Optimizing value through logical prioritization (excersize)
Attitude and behavior of the Product Owner
- Intensive and effective interaction with the team and the Scrum Master
- Inventory and organization of needs
- Communicate customer needs to the team (storytelling excersize)
- Stakeholdermanagement (excersize)
Cooperation Agile Teams: Increment planning
- Scaled Agile: Increment planning
- Scaled Agile Framework
Getting ready for the exam
- Make and discuss test exam
- Additional explanation about desired topics
- Tips and trics
- Wrap up