ABOUT THE COURSE
Developments in software engineering are often the driving force behind organizational change. Over the past decades, the discipline has evolved with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. Become a SAFe Agile Software Engineer and learn new skills and approaches to help your company deliver software-centric solutions that improve speed and quality.
This three-day SAFe Agile Software Engineering course will teach you the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline. You will gain a thorough understanding of how continuous flow of value delivery and building quality are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
You will also study proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. In addition, you learn the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns) and understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
The SAFe Agile Software Engineering training (ASE) teaches you all about the new skills and approaches that help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. After taking the SAFe Agile Software Engineering exam, you’ll certify as a SAFe® Agile Software Engineer.
Benefits of the course
- You will learn how Lean-Agile principles are driving changes includingcontinuous flow of value delivery, fast feedback on decisions, and building quality in.
- You will connect these principles to modern developing practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), Test- Driven Development (TDD), and applying the Agile Testing Quadrant.
- You will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on emergent architecture and intention design.
This three-day workshop-oriented course will teach you about Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices, and how to apply the Test First practice to create alignment between tests and requirements.
You will also learn to utilize the test infrastructure, create tests with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), create an Agile software engineering plan and create a Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF).
Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe Agile Software Engineering exam and become a certified SAFe Agile Software Engineer (ASE).
Attendees typically include
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background would also be very beneficial as they would gain an understanding of the development process so that team collaboration will become more effective.
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- QA Managers, Testers
“Learn how to engineer with SAFe”